Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Victorian Christmas Postcard Images and Reflecting on Christmas....

It's hard to believe Christmas time is in full swing! It's been beautiful! Mild weather in the daytime, but a bit cold and nippy at night, with a crispness in the air that makes it feels like Christmas time. Have you got your Christmas decorating done yet?  I've got my tree up and my home decorated and I've got all of the gifts wrapped up except one, so I'm doing good. I've had a fun time with it, but I like to get all of that done as soon as possible in December, so that I can just relax a while, and focus on the things that truly matter... and celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, my Savior. I need him every day of my life, and I am thankful that in the good times and in the bad times... he is there, (I  know that I could do nothing without him).  When I keep my focus on Him, and his goodness and love, everything else falls into place. It's so easy to get caught up in the world, and get stressed, especially this time of year, so I'm trying to just slow down, and just enjoy Christmas... spending time with the Lord... in God's word, reading my Christmas Christian Devotional books, praying and reminding myself what Christmas and this time of year is all about. I'm trying to keep my focus on the things that really matter and be thankful for everything in my life. I am trying on purpose to be still, I'm clinging to God's Peace, His Joy, His Love. 
 He is The Immanuel, "God with Us".  

I want to share with you some of my Victorian Era Christmas Postcards....I love the simple peaceful frosty scenes...




Enjoy!
I plan to share some pictures of my Christmas Tree and a few of my decorations with you soon.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, and a Very Merry Christmas to all!
Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

To read the Christmas Story, you'll find it in the Bible in Luke 2