Friday, September 22, 2017

Happy Fall Y'all!

It's hard to believe that it's already the 1st day of Fall!  I say that because down here in the south, it's been so hot and humid, that we've still been swimming and floating down the creek....taking in what's left of summer. It will be a little longer before the autumn winds start blowing our way here, but I can hardly wait for the cool down!

Even though it doesn't feel much like fall yet, the calendar says it's so.....
So, I'm celebrating by adding some autumn cheer to my blog today! This would be the fall of my dreams....
(images courtesy of pixabay)












 While in fall dreaming mode, I was looking through one of my Autumn Reflections Ideals poem books, (it's filled with beautiful poetry, perfect for the season), I found this lovely poem and had to share parts of it here with you....


Leaves In The Wind

"My thoughts today are like leaves in the wind,
blown and dancing down from a tree....

My dreams reach out past the scarlet woods....
Though I've bade good-bye to summer's grace....

I discover loveliness as sweet...
In the windy arms of fall..."

O Lord of the harvest lands, hear my song,
As I raise it now to Thee,

With grateful praises for seasons past
In a happy melody.

But most of all do I thank Thee, Lord,
for that wondrous, loving plan,

Which gave a treasure so filled with joy,
as this autumn day to man."
                                      
                                                         ~Louise Weibert Sutton


I'm looking forward to all of the goodness this season will bring with it, aren't you?!
I hope that you all have a beautiful Autumn day!
Thanks for stopping by today!