Friday, April 21, 2017

Spring Nature Walk....Ponce De Leon Springs Florida State Park

Yesterday, my husband and I spent the afternoon visiting one of our area springs, located here in Northwest Florida.... we love being outside in nature every chance we can!  I wanted to share some of the pictures from our day and take you along with us to enjoy some beauty out in nature....





 That's my sweet husband down there walking around in the shallow water with his net...I could tell, he loved every minute of it!  I didn't get in the water with him this time, but I told him, the next time I promise I will join him...who knows maybe we'll bring some tubes and float around in there....we'll see....



The water looked so pretty, but I am content, just to sit along the edge and listen to the little water fall...







You wouldn't know it from my photo here, but there were a lot of swimmers in the spring/pool. We were surprised to find it so busy, it being a weekday and school not out yet for summer. I did manage to get this one picture without any swimmers in it,.....I'm sure they were glad not to be included... they probably didn't want to end up on the internet anyway, ya know?


We walked a couple of nature trails that go through the woods and along the spring to a creek....








Eventually the spring water meets the creek and the crystal clear waters flow into it....









For more information on Ponce De Leon State Park in Ponce De Leon, Florida.... you can click HERE to visit the official website.

(Info. Below Was Taken from the Florida State Parks Website)

This beautiful spring is named for Juan Ponce de León, who led the first Spanish expedition to Florida in 1513-as legend has it-in search of the "fountain of youth." Visitors might well regain their youth by taking a dip in the cool, clear waters of Ponce de Leon Springs where the water temperature remains a constant 68 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. The main spring is a convergence of two underground water flows, and produces 14 million gallons of water daily. Visitors can take a leisurely walk along two self-guided nature trails through a lush, hardwood forest and learn about the local ecology and wildlife.

I hope you enjoyed coming along with us today!

Have a great weekend!
Thanks for stopping by for a visit!