Friday, February 17, 2017

Something Sweet...My Handmade Faux "Fake" Cakes...

I've been making more of my little handmade fake cakes.... these are great for displaying in my glass domes when there isn't any of our real treats in the house...
 I made a white cake with red rose....the red rose and leaves are some I handmade from clay
 I made a dark chocolate one with white chocolate rose and sugar (glitter) sprinkles....
 a chocolate one with cottage blue rose and sugar (glitter)sprinkles
white cake with blue rose and sugar sprinkles....
 cottage blue cake with pink paper roses and sugar sprinkles....and below I have a cottage green cake with pink paper roses and more sugar sprinkles...

These are easy and fun to make.... all I did was cut florist foam into the sizes I wanted, then spread joint compound on like icing with a plastic knife, let it dry over night, then painted them with craft acrylic paint, embellished them with flowers and clear glitter. That's it! Do you think you'll be making any of these to display in your home?

Thanks for stopping by for a visit today!